Followers

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

My First Door Slam in the Face 12/19/16

Hey everyone!!!!

This has been a pretty crazy week. I had my first door slammed in my face! At that same house we taught the Restoration to this guy who is kind of interested and after the lesson was over he invited us to his son's wedding party that weekend.  The fiance is the one who slammed the door in our face so we decided not to go. The next day we heard more gunshots outside... while we were teaching a lesson about peace and love!

We went on exchanges this week and I got to go with Elder Capulac, from the Philippines. The night we exchanged I was in his apartment and he told me to eat whatever I wanted and that he was going to take a shower. In the middle of his shower he shouted "Oh, Elder!" He ran into the kitchen with a towel wrapped around his waist and told me that there were tortillas in the fridge that he bought specifically for the Spanish missionaries. I’m glad I didn’t eat them. Haha we had a good time.

One of the other things that happened this week was we were talking to one of our investigators about baptism- and he committed to being baptized! We prayed about it and we are going to talk to him tonight about a baptismal date.  Hopefully I can stay here to see him baptized (transfers are at the beginning of January).

In honor of Christmas traditions I bought assorted nuts this morning. I am doing well. The people here are so nice, we have people that invited us over for tamales on Christmas.

I'm not really homesick. It can get pretty hard sometimes but I still love it. Yes I love my companion. Haha I got him all wet last night trying to do a water bottle trick but it's all good.

Yes I got the Christmas package and I loved it! I am happy to report that all the snacks were finished just a few days ago and I haven't opened any of the presents. Really I'm happy to receive any kind of gift.

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas next week! I love you! I'll talk to you on Sunday!

Te quiero! yo hablare contigo en el domingo!

Elder Robins



No comments:

Post a Comment