Followers

Monday, August 28, 2017

The One With the Awkward High Five 8/14/17

Hey!

So this week my companion and I got to go on exchanges with some of the Elders in Modesto. I was in a trio with the two of them that started serving the same time I did. While we were walking down the street and trying to contact people, we passed this older guy and asked him how he was doing. He raised his hand and said something that sounded like "hey guys". I looked at his hand up in the air and gave him a high five, when I realized that he said "not interested". Whoops. I kept walking feeling very awkward when I heard two slaps behind me as the two other missionaries behind me gave him high fives.

So my companion is really cool, he's from Peru. We met a member the other day who is also from Peru, and she offered to feed us lunch. When the day came, we were finishing tracking the street that she lived on.  On the way up, there was this guy cooking elote and chicken on his grill. So of course we started talking to him, and it turns out he is super prepared and had an awesome relationship with one of the members, so we set a time to come back and he gave us some food. We were really early for our appointment so we just sat at the street corner, eating our food, when a lady doing a yard sale across the street told us to come over. She had us sit in the couch she was trying to sell and gave us some water to go with our food. When we finished that we went to our lunch appointment and had the best Peruvian meal I have ever had. It was a pretty good day.

We have been focusing a lot on finding. We found a few new investigators this week, and one of the lessons we had was very powerful. We were teaching a lady and she told us about how she wants to change her life and have a happier personality. We were teaching about the Restoration of the gospel and how the gospel brings peace into our lives. We set a return appointment and she committed to to church on Sunday.

Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment