Followers

Monday, August 28, 2017

Tried, Tested, and Prompted 8/7/17

Hey everyone!


This week has been pretty crazy, I'm back in Stockton now and I'm having a lot of fun. We only gotten bashed once this week.  The guy was pretty funny, he tried to convince me that I wouldn't be received in Heaven because I'm white, and that my punishment after this life was going to be worse because I have blond hair, but then told me to repent... not sure how to do that but I was entertained. We went tracking down this one street and this guy got super offended that we asked for a return appointment that he yelled at us and then slammed the door.


While we were tracking on Tuesday, I felt the impression to knock on a door that I had tried, without success, many times before last time I was here. We knocked on the door and the guy answered and let us in. We sat down and started to talk about the Book or Mormon. He pulled out a copy that he had received years ago and we had a fantastic lesson. Last night we were trying to stop by an investigator's house. On the way there I felt the impression to try a house that I had also tried before many times without even an answer. We knocked on the door and the guy opened the door, and greeted us like old friends. We had an incredible lesson with him also.


When my companion and I were heading back to our apartment, there was a guy who was pushing his broken-down car. His wife was trying to push and they had a little girl in the back seat so we pulled over and helped push the car three or four blocks to the gas station. They were really grateful and accepted to have the missionaries come over and teach them.


Yesterday at church there were some people with signs outside the building trying to protest the church. Thankfully nothing turned violent and they left after a while.


Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment