Followers

Monday, October 30, 2017

The One With the Bad Door Knocking Skills 9/4/17

Hello!


So earlier this week, we received a referral that we went to go contact. It took us a lot longer to get to the house than we realized, and when we got there, it was around 8:40. It was dark, and it looked like nobody was home. So when I went to knock the door, I didn't want to wake anyone up who could potentially be sleeping so I knocked really silently. We waited a little while and I knocked with a little more force, but still no answer. The third time I knocked, we heard someone walk up to the door. When the door opened, my companion and I put on our most harmless smiles and as soon as I said "Hi", the lady screamed and almost slammed the door in our faces! As it happens, she didn't hear us knocking at all and just wanted to go outside to get in her car and opened the door to two, strange looking young men (us) and naturally, freaked out. We had a good laugh about it later and set a return appointment. But for the rest of the week, I have been super self-conscious about how hard I knock on doors.


A few days later, it was about 110 degrees outside for the majority of the day. One of the members invited us over to dinner and made a perfect meal for when it's scorching hot outside-beef stew! Mexican style, so there were hot peppers and everything. The meal was really good but I felt bad because we were sweating so much! The members didn't even seem phased by the heat but we were all dying!


I'm really happy to be back in Stockton. I have a small list of "unfinished business" for people I want to visit again. Being put back here, I feel like I was given a second chance to do things right this time. My companion and I get along super well and we're just working really hard. It's a little stressful being a zone leader but I love it!

Love you!!!

Driving through Stockton

No comments:

Post a Comment