Followers

Sunday, January 29, 2017

The One With the Boundary Changes 1/9/17

Hello all!


This week we were put into different boundaries. Both sets of hermanas have the north part of Stockton and my companion and I have south Stockton, which people often will compare to Compton (kind of rough). We love our area. Not too much happened this week. We spent most of the time reorganizing our area book but we did get to go street contacting on Saturday night. We were only out for three hours and in that time we taught three lessons and two of those people are now investigators! It was kind of sad, we had to give up our only progressing investigator to respect the boundary changes. But he went to church on Sunday and the ward was just so loving, he looked right at home with friends.


On top of that, we stopped by a taco truck (the only one in Stockton that sells pupusas) and I realized I didn't have enough cash for any food and the lady was just like "don't worry about it", took my dollar and when the order was up, gave me two pupusas and some tacos! Needless to say, that wasn't the last time we go to that taco truck.


There has been a crazy amount of rain, which is good because people are home when we knock on their doors. And it’s kind of funny because the rumors about California drivers are not false.


I'll keep praying for Spencer. Would you do me a favor and listen to the talk "the Ministering of Angels" with him? That and Moses chapter 1. I have a list of scriptures I use daily for power and I'll send them, because I know that they are inspired and can help.


Things are starting to look great in Stockton. Our plan to destroy the essence of evil is starting to work. With the scriptures, testimony, and a lot of tacos, we are starting to make a difference here. The ward just had its first baptism in almost a year, people are talking to the missionaries, and kindness is being spread- and it's just the beginning. It wasn't a lyrical exaggeration that "The Spirit of God like a fire is burning".


Anyway, love you all! Shout out to my brother, Spencer, Happy Birthday! (who is now 17, ladies)

Que tengan buena semana!


No comments:

Post a Comment