Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I Ripped My Pants... 4/24/17

Hey everyone!

So on Tuesday, Elder Nelson and I were teaching a family we have been working with. Two members of their extended family decided to join in on the lesson and now they are super interested in hearing about the gospel.

The next day, as we were waiting for a meeting to start, and we saw some kids playing basketball. When we got a closer look, we saw that it was two on one. It was pretty easy to see that the one just wanted to fit in and the two were picking on him so my companion and I joined the one (which was pretty fun because they were all in like fourth grade). We started off terrible but we got to the point where the kid on our team was making all the shots- he even made a three! We were super proud of him and the other two kids got along with him better after the game. The only down side to the game is that I tripped and tore a hole in the knee of my favorite pair of slacks- but I feel like it was worth it.

We had interviews with President Palmer this week and he told me that everything I do now has to be in Spanish- studies, shopping, everything. He told me that not every missionary has the  ability to become fluent but my companion and I do... so we should.

One of the youth we have been working with just got his mission call last night to Salt Lake City South (Herriman's in the mission) so if you meet an Elder Gonzalez would you please feed him and his companion? His family have made sacrifices and gone out of their way to make sure we didn't go any nights without.

BTW for Nick (Joseph’s cousin, who just got his mission call to Malaga Spain)- tell his parents to have him speak Spanish as much as possible- it will help him immensely if he can learn how to pronounce the tricky common words in the scriptures. He doesn't need to worry about eating spicy food- that's really only a Mexican thing but starting now to learn Spanish will be a great blessing. Learning doctrine is important also and he may get the gift of tongues but just like anything else in the gospel it won't come unless he puts in work first. Just some advice from missionary who's lived it.

The rest of the week after that, not much happened because I got sick, so just a lot of rest and practicing Spanish!


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment