Followers

Monday, July 2, 2018

The One With the Talk 4/30/18


Hey everyone!

So this week my companion and I have been working with some of the less active members in our Branch, and some of them even went to church on Sunday. We went to the first counselor's house for language study Thursday night and he assigned us to each give a twelve minute talk.... I was excited but my companion, who has only been learning spanish for a couple months looked petrified. He spent a lot of time the next two days after that preparing his talk and putting it word for word on flash cards. Sunday morning, he practiced it again as I told him that he would do great and that there was nothing to worry about.

As we were sitting on the stand, right after the branch president announced that he would be speaking, our mission president and his wife walked into the chapel and took a seat next to the other missionaries... My companion was blessed to have not noticed until about halfway through his talk. He did a great job and brought the Spirit very strongly.

We had a zone conference during the week about safety and technology, it was pretty sweet and I got to see some old companions and other missionaries I had worked with in the past.

Hope Y'all have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment