Followers

Saturday, March 4, 2017

The Return of the Crazy Jewish Wheelchair Guy 1/30/17

Hey everyone! So this week was an adventure! We had to go down to Modesto for a conference with all the missionaries. We gave some other Elders in Stockton a ride because they don't have a car.  But since we thought we knew where we were going and don't have GPS, we got lost! We showed up 2 minutes before the program started and drove about 100 miles that day (we only get 750 total miles a month, so whoops!).


We did a lot of finding this week and a lot of walking; it's a little hard for us to find now because a lot of the people here think we are deportation police, but we're working it out.


Saturday was by far the best day. We taught a really good lesson to one of our investigators who can't read or drive. He has to catch a ride to church, and we have to read passages to him, but he is really excited about the Gospel! While we were walking away from that lesson, we saw a guy on a wheelchair coming towards us- that's right- it was the Jewish Wheelchair guy! This time he was holding a bag of potato chips (which is really impressive because he doesn't have hands). He tried to prophesy a little more about the end of the world and when he rolled away he shouted, "The world's ending! Prepare! These are my chips!" haha it was pretty funny.


This week we also had some really good lessons with our dinner appointments. One of my favorite scriptures now is Revelations 3:20-21 which says:


20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Love you guys, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment