Followers

Monday, June 12, 2017

Flooding the Earth With the Book of Mormon 5/8/17

So this week I have been reflecting a lot on the Book of Mormon, and how much power the prophets of the church seem to generate when they testify of the power of the Book of Mormon. I also thought about how much power it seems to give us when we read its words and follow its counsel.

That being said,

This week was a pretty good week. We taught some of our investigators on Tuesday and had a really powerful lesson. It was a pretty bad day for all three of them but the Spirit was still there. This week was really hot- like in the 90's all week! It was also Cinco de Mayo this Friday and it was crazy! Lots of parties and even two neighboring houses had two huge parties with live bands at each house that were pretty much competing.

Yesterday we visited some less active members, which resulted in them feeding us tacos. My companion is gluten free, which usually isn't a problem in Spanish work but the members gave each of us a huge, custard filled donut. Just as we gave each other the "oh no" look (because turning down food in the Escobar household is pretty much a sin) - a miracle happened- their water jug out of nowhere burst and they ran over to stop water from flooding on their floor. Then my companion looked at me and said "eat!". So I stuffed the massive, dense donut in my mouth after being filled with tacos. I finished the first one and went to work with the second one. I finished the second one right as they finished. It was pretty much a miracle.

One more thing- transfer calls were last night and I am being moved to Manteca with another companion after six months with Elder Nelson! And nine in Stockton. I'll miss Stockton a lot but I'm super excited to see what Manteca has to offer.


Love you guys!!





our bikes


watching a Cinco de Mayo parade from the park


the tail end of the parade

No comments:

Post a Comment