Followers

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The One Where I Leave Stockton 12/4/17

Hey everyone!!

So this week we had a lot of exchanges to go on because it was the end of the transfer. We were able to have a couple lessons but not too many. We had dinner with a recent convert, which was really awesome, because the father, who is not a member and usually avoids us, wanted to eat dinner with us. The dinner went very well, until we tried to share a spiritual message. We asked him what a prophet is and he went off about how all religions are confusing and how he doesn't want to stop drinking alcohol. It was somewhat evident that he may have had a bad experience with religion in the past. I'm pretty sure we were the first missionaries he had a whole meal with in at least a year so we counted it as a success.

Not much else happened this week. We got transfer calls last night and I am going to Modesto with a new companion. I'm still a zone leader, and I'll be with a companion that was in Modesto for a long time but got moved to Tracy (so he's going back to his old area). This will be my fourth transfer as a zone leader (so about 6 months). I'm pretty excited!

Hope everyone has a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment